Friday, June 13, 2014

Driving myself crazy...

So, I've had my permit for almost a year now but I have never actually gotten on the real roads till drivers ed this week.

My instructor was great--she talked A LOT, which I guess was supposed to calm me down. But every time she talked to me about her life I was only half paying attention cus I wanted to keep my head on the road. She would demonstrate something sometimes and she would squawk like an angry bird haha! And she reminded me of Mrs. Puff from Spongebob! except she was a much better teacher than her haha.

First lesson, the instructor took me into residential areas and hills and I was scared!! I was going like 55 mph in a 40 mph road haha! It was pretty crazy.

Second lesson, she made me parallel park and do a 3 pt turn and a certain reverse maneuver--- lemme just say that this lesson was the most frustrating. I'm still a little confused on how the wheels work and stuff :S

Third lesson (today), I conquered downtown and the interstate!! How crazy is that? She said that downtown is the worst because of all the pedestrians and cramped roads but I liked it. The atmosphere was just so homey to me. The interstate wasn't so bad, except for merging. I still need to gain confidence when merging and seeing cars merge into my lane.

I did a lot of crazy things on my 3 lessons haha... went 15 mph above speed limit, abruptly stopped on a yellow light and ended up in the intersection and deciding to go on ahead when the light turned red-.-, almost followed a car to a right exit when I was supposed to go straight, and not listening to instructions, and so on....

But hey, I have gotten so much better! Little Me On the Road!!! Next time you know it, I'll be having road trips with my girlies:) I need to get my license first tho..which means Ive gotta practice approx 32 more hrs! 


♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment