Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Joy in the Kitchen #1: Lemon Bars!



When life gives you lemons, zest them and squeeze them to make lemon bars:)
Our kitchen is so much bigger now! I'm so thankful cus I'm finding that I really like baking. And I'm pretty messy too so now, I've got more space to make a mess in!
Yesterday, I baked the first ever goodies in our new kitchen. I used the recipe that Kara's grandmother used for her birthday party lemon bars. They were sooo good then that I ate about five! I've been craving them since her birthday in February (and her book report over Sense and Sensibility). I even bought Fresh Market lemon bars and Publix lemon cakes one time, but they weren't nearly as good. The lemon bars were too soft, and the lemon cakes were a little bitter.


•••
Quick note to myself: 
1•Spray the pan. (haha, totally forgot!) 
2•Lessen the lemon juice. (I personally love it really sour but I have to think of others!) 
3•Wait till it's all the way cooled to sprinkle confectionery sugar on top. 
4•Wait till it's all the way cooled to cut into bars. (I was just so excited!)
•••





I think they turned out well. I know the lemon bars look a bit sloppy but despite their looks, they were delish! They were soft but chewy enough on the outside and gooey on the inside to have a nice texture. They were tangy but balanced by the confectionery sugar and crust. When you eat one, it's like a little sweet & sour party in your mouth!
Mom thought it was too sour, but Dad thought it was good and gave it a 7 out of 10. Yay! haha:)
I sent my grandparents some and finger crossed that they will enjoy it!

♥♥♥


This summer, I wanna do this little segment "Joy in the Kitchen" featuring different recipes I have tried. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment! I'll probably look on Pinterest for recipes;)


No comments:

Post a Comment