Monday, July 15, 2013

What are you up to lately?
Well, last week my mom and I actually had a picnic at the park! It was really fun and relaxing except for the noisy little kids-.- lol. We went to the shops near the park but when we were at Anthropologie it started pouring and we didn't have an umbrella! We were planning to wait the rain out but it just didn't stop so we had to run like crazy to one of the stores that sold umbrellas (Anthropologie surprisingly wasn't selling any, even $50 ones!) The umbrella we bought was so big! We're probably only going to use that on really stormy days or we'll look ridiculous. Even with the rain, I had a really good time with my mom. I was thirsting for adventure and that was kind of like an adventure--a calm picnic before a storm, literally. I liked dashing from store to store in my flip flops and getting soaked and not caring and just laughing with my mom. 


One of the profitable things I did last week was I actually painted something. I'm usually too lazy unless I have a school art assignment but I gained inspiration from our past beach vacation. This is one of the works I came up with. I have some other ones in my head but I need to buy some watercolor.
Me reading at the beach
Today I was bored so I made a braided leather bow bracelet. I'm not really sure what outfits I can wear it with but it looks cute on my jewelry box so yeah lol. Basically, you just take three strands of leather and braid. Hot glue the ends. Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and leave a little bit of wiggle room for when you insert your hand through and then hot glue the ends together. You can also use a hook and chain or a button thing but I didn't have any of those. I was contemplating between putting a bow or little charms on it but my charms wouldn't fit on my jump rings so the bow idea won. You can follow my bow tutorial here: D.I.Y. Hair Bows, minus the hair clip of course and a lot smaller. Once you have the bow completed just hot glue the bow onto the bracelet or sew it on. There are so many possibilities with this bracelet but I just tried a bow.

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment