Saturday, May 11, 2013

D.I.Y. Hair Bows

Today, I will be teaching you how to make your own cute hair bows! I learned how to make them from Bethany Mota (macbarbie07). And they are so fun and easy to make! (Sorry the pictures are upside down and at weird angles, it won't let me rotate them)
Materials you need:
•Fabric (got mine from Hobby Lobby: •25 yards)
•Hair pins (any type but I like to use the ones here)
•Scissors
•Hot glue gun (don't burn yourself!)
•Step one:
Fold the fabric 2 rolls (didn't insert a pic) and snip of the extra.

•Step two:
Trim the ends if needed and fold them in as shown in the picture above.
Glue the ends firmly.
•Step three:
Pinch the middle to make a bow shape.
Then, glue the creases to keep the shape. 
•Step four:
Take the extra fabric, fold it like the picture, and cut off the excess. 
•Step five:
Trim the fabric and wrap around the middle of the bow.
•Step six:
Glue the ends in the BACK of the bow.
•Step seven:
Place the clip on the back of the bow and glue it down firmly.
Also glue the ends of the clips where the circles are down onto the fabric (pic not shown). 
And voila! You've got your own handmade bows and you didn't have to spend $10 at Claire's. 


How you can style them:) These are just so cute for spring and summer!

long hair and bow  vintage


macbarbie07



 Hair Bow Detail.Braids and bows <3

Have fun!
(BTW I'm very proud of myself for making this tutorial! I'll hopefully do more in the future)
♥♥♥

2 comments: