Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend!

I spent my Labor Day weekend by...

-Going to a soccer game.  They had approximately 7000 people there!  It was the biggest college soccer game ever...  My friend, Karis, came and we had such a good time just hanging out.  I've missed her (she moved)!  The concession stands were pretty good; they had funnel cake which we devoured graciously:), free Jack In the Box water bottles, Chubby Cupcake stand (super cute name lol).  It was so crazy when they were shooting T-shirts and balls towards the crowd!  Me and Karis almost got a T-shirt, but the guy beside us shoved us off the sidewalk.  They even had fireworks at the end!  SCORE: Women's Home-0, Guest-2; Men's Home-4, Guest-8.  Our people didn't win but they did their best.

-Studying and working ahead... ahh, a Physical Science test on Wednesday:p


-Watching the Hunger Games!  <spoiler alert> I was so excited:D  but overall, the book is still better than the movie!  They totally left out/changed some parts like the Avox girl, Madge giving Katniss the mockingjay pin, Haymitch at the reaping, Peeta's dad giving Katniss cookies, Cato being more powerful, more of Gale (he only appeared a few times in the movie!).  Some parts were kind of dull and silent but I guess that was supposed to set the serious sad mood.  I guess I anticipated too much since I had already read the book.  I thought the part where Rue dies was going to be real sad but it wasn't that sad... I don't know, just my opinion.  If you've watched the movie or not, READ THE BOOKS!  I heard they're already making the second movie, Catching Fire.  Will be interesting to see since the Quarter Quell has the ocean!  And the third movie will be interesting too since Peeta goes psycho...  I've said too much:)


Going back to school tomorrow... It doesn't seem like I actually relaxed this weekend.  
Happy Labor Day!

bffs<333
♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment