Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rocket Launch


On the last week of school, my Science class launched our rockets!
I know I sound really "nerdy" right now but I'm telling ya, it was really fun and cool.
The first day we did it, it was pouring.  I thought I'd lost my Yankee the first try because once it went up in the air, you couldn't see it anymore, but fortunately one of the guys, Michael, found it behind some really tall trees.  Since it was pouring, we stopped and tried some more the next day.  The second time, I was so sure I'd lost it but Drew saw the little speck in the sky and followed it.  (Wow, if none of the guys were paying attention to my rocket, it would probably still be in trees or something.)  I almost lost my rocket in the final launch too, but Michael saw it again and ran after it.  His rocket actually got stuck in a tree right beside mine=( but he finally got to cut it down after school was over.
I'm really thankful that my Science teacher, Mrs. B., let us do this activity. She is one of the greatest teachers I've ever had!








If you want to build your own rocket, just go to a Hobby Lobby or Michael's nearby.  They have a collection of snap-on fins, glue-on fins, and pre-assembled rockets.  Or you could just make your own one from scratch! I'm sure Google has some instructions=)  Don't forget to buy your engines, launch pad, fire proof wadding, igniters, and all the other rocket necessities.  And don't forget to ask an adult for help!

No comments:

Post a Comment