Friday, June 1, 2012

The Things I crave from my Homeland♥



I miss my homeland, the Philippines!
I miss all my friends, the things I did, and the foods I ate.
Now that we live in the U.S., my mom still cooks Filipino dishes and the Asian store here has some food from the Phil.
When I visit the Philippines in the future, I would love to go to these places and eat all these things again.

Jack & Jill Dynamite Choco-Filled Mint Candy 7.58oz

Foods and Restaurants I crave for:


                                                             
•Dynamite Mint Candy!!
You have to try these.  I love mints and these are perfect.  They have a hard candy shell with  chocolate or other flavored fillings (they have a lot of different ones).  


•I loved Tender Juicy hot dogs when I was little. They don't taste anything like American hot dogs.  American hot dogs are too salty... Tender Juicy are juicy and "sweet".  

•I know fish for breakfast probably doesn't sound yummy to you, but fish and fried rice is a very common Filipino breakfast.  One of my favorites were Century Tuna (canned fish).  They were so good with steaming fresh rice.   

•Max's Restaurant had some of the best fried chicken in town.  One of the things I really enjoyed from there was their Caramel Bars.  They were so delectable (now I really want some!).  They weren't hard candy bars; they were little pastry bars with caramel.  


•love ko' to/ i'm lovin' it!  McDonald's was like kid haven for me.  Every time we went there (which was a lot) as soon as we got inside, I would run to the playground, put my shoes in the little shoe bin, and race the new friends I met there.  I loved collecting Happy Meal toys!  Back in the Philippines, you get to choose the toy you want from the collection.  Here in the U.S., they make kids cry by giving them the same toy over and over again-.-* McDo in the Philippines is very different.  They have McSpaghetti and Chicken McDo!  Oh my word, I can practically taste the crispy chicken and the rice "ball" right now.  Here in the U.S. I always get a cheeseburger because the burger is boring.. but in the Philippines, the hamburgers have this different sauce, like mayonnaise but not; it was pinkish.  I miss McDo!  


•Jollibee!  I didn't really go there as much as I did at McDonald's but I remember their Chicken Joy and their Mais con Yelo (corn and milk over ice).   Oh yeah, and I remember when my friend had a birthday party there and the giant Jollibee mascot asked me to dance, but I said no so my bgf had to do it!  Embarrassing-.-' but funny!  I also liked their kids' meal toys like the Bugs Bunny automobile with a hidden pen and notepad=) 


•Greenwich pizza was pretty good;)  And I loved their pandan gulamans (I think that's what they're called).  My friends and I always went there before going to Storyland, the indoor amusement park at mall. 


•After a school day in the city, my mom always took me to the Robinsons mall.  There, we usually got these little waffle "balls" filled with cheese or Tender Juicy hot dogs= delish.  I think the China Mall we went to in Canada had them too cus I could just smell them! 


•Oh my word, I really miss all the chips I loved in the Philippines.  Back when we lived in New Jersey, most of the foods I craved were there at the Asian stores but now the only chips here at our new place are Cracklings (salt & vinegar chips).  I wish they had Chippy here (my fave was Chili & Cheese)!



•Other goodies I miss:  -Ovalteenies -mamon and Spanish bread -taho -fresh pandesal -Goldilocks and their polvorons;) -that bread that has different flavors like chocolate, ube, pandan, stik-o, mango graham cake, and basically eveything! SARAP and lahat!




Places I would like to visit:



•When I left for the U.S., they were just starting to build the Mall of Asia and I missed it=(  My geography teacher was boasting about how the Mall of America in Minnesota has an indoor amusement park and in my head I'm like, "We have an amusement park [Storyland] in our regular malls in the Philippines.  We even have full ice skating rinks."



•I would like to visit the world's smallest volcano, Taal.  It's in my home city and I didn't even get to go there.  (Actually, we went close to it but I wanna go on the volcanic island.)



•I also miss where my dad grew up, the island of Ricudo in Batangas. 








PML
♥♥♥

I hope you can visit the Philippines and enjoy these beautiful sites and delicious foods and help the people there;) 







No comments:

Post a Comment