Friday, June 15, 2012

How to Modestify Dresses w/o Sewing Skills

Wow, Sarah from Welcome to the gOOd life is so amazing!  I love that she's Asian like me ^^.  I love her DIY's that save you a lot of money!  I love her style (classy and fun) even though my style is a bit different- actually, I don't really know my style... I have 2 sides?  My mature side insists on clean classy Sunday-bests (♥tops tucked in and wedges/heels) but my teen side loves "earthy, ragged"...I don't know how to explain it, but I just love "vintage in modern"- not exactly vintage vintage but modern vintage like vintage "my-grandma's-couch" flower prints and lace.  I love American Rag purses- that kind of "ragged & worn".

~ (I got this idea from Grace F. who was in my P.E. class a few yrs. ago)
I bought a blue flower print dress from Belk 2 yrs. ago, and I wanted to wear it today but somehow it was smaller and shorter... okay, it wasn't the perfect size when I bought it but it was cute and okay (I dunno if I grew...cus I'm still the same height!= Asian-.-').  So what I did was put a white skirt under my dress- the white a-lined skirt has frills on the bottom to blend the skirt and dress together.  Make sure the skirt you put under your dress is 1- longer than the dress, 2-same color or nice contrast, 3-same shape as the dress as in if it's a pencil dress then get a pencil skirt with it (I've only done this trick with a-lined dresses though...)

To modestify the top part of your dress, just grab a cardigan or jacket- different jackets suit different events; denim or plain cardis (Old Navy has tons) work great for school and collared or more detailed jackets are good for special events.  If you don't want to wear a skirt under your dress, you could pull your dress down to the modest length and wear a tank top and a jacket to modestify the top section.

If you know any other non-sewing skills required fashion tricks, please comment away;)

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment