Saturday, June 16, 2012

Crossing the Niagara

Last night, I watched one of the craziest things ever [LIVE on tv]- tight roping across the Niagara Falls.  Do you know how dangerous that is?! I went to the Niagara Falls in summer 2009 and it was cold, wet, and dark.  It looked like an endless pit of gushing water.  Nik Wallenda is the very first person to take on the challenge of crossing the Niagara on a tightrope.  He did it at 10 pm!  He went through the thick wet mists and swirling winds.  To practice for the Niagara Falls' length (I think it's 6 football fields long) and power, he tight roped double that and got firetrucks to douse him with water and giant fans to let him get used to the wind gusts.  He seemed so calm o_e  My heart was pounding like crazy... When he finished the downhill part, I was really relieved, but I kept "telling" him mentally, not to get cocky cus he could still fall at the "easy" uphill part.  I couldn't believe that he stopped at the Finish point, kneeled and pointed to the crowd.  If that was me (which will never be!- I am very jittery and probably would've fallen at the start^^), I would have kept going to safety.  I'm just glad he didn't fall.  Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment