Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I AM A BOOKWORM:)

Since I was a little kid, I loved to read... well maybe just to look at the pictures haha. 


But seriously, I am a bookworm:)  I would rather curl up and read a good book than go to some crazy party with people I don't know  (you see, I'm shy/ socially awkward at times and not a party girl).  I love how books take you on crazy adventures where nothing happens to you- well not physically (unless you fall off your bed and hit your head or read too much and don't get any sleep), but emotionally, maybe.  I love excitement and suspense.  I love it when I think I know what's gonna happen, but then the author throws a twist and catches me by surprise.  This is weird, but I love crying over books... it makes my feel "good" to just let out my sadness.  (I recommend Cookie by Jacqueline Wilson)


I used to love mysteries like the Nancy Drew series, but I outgrew that stage.  They had the same pattern (mystery, clue, trap, freed, success, reward) and became boring.  The mysteries that grip me now contain technology and some fantasy.  I don't like fairy godmothers or sugar plum fairies or dragons.  What I mean by fantasy is like the trilogy, 13 Treasures, by Michelle Harrison where there's magic but not the "Cinderella" type.  I don't like ghosts but one mystery series that caught my eye was Gilda Joyce by Jennifer Allison.  I can't really remember all the books but I remember that they're good and thrilling.  One of the best mystery series I've ever read:)  The 13th Reality series by James Dashner isn't a mystery (it has riddles) but it has magic; will be hard to put down!  Also, read the Secret series by Pseudonymous Bosch and the 100 Cupboards series by N.D. Wilson. 


I love spy thrillers.  Who doesn't like to think about the future and cool gadgets?  (Note: I don't like sci-fi   aliens and Star Wars-y stuff)  Spy Agents are so cool (call me a geek); well at least the ones in the books.  I just finished H.I.V.E. #4- Dreadnought by Mark Walden and he is one of the most detailed authors in the world.  Being a former video game designer and producer certainly helps;)  It's kind of violent but that's how to create suspense.  I like violence...I mean action (God is a god of order and we should be a people of order and not destruction).  Other thrillers I can remember: N.E.R.D.S. by Michael Buckley, Steel Trapp by Ridley Pearson, Hunger Games and Gregor the Overlander series/ Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins, will post some more later.


I'm not an all action girl.  I love to read family & friends fiction too.  I like to look at what other families and groups of friends experience and realize that I'm not alone. Wendy Mass is one of my favorite authors (her books that I've read: Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life, 11 Birthdays, Finally [12], and the Candymakers). If you're a girly girl like me and you want to read about friendships, I suggest the Camp Confidential books by Melissa Morgan, Candy Apple books (by many diff. authors), the Mother- Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick.


Other nice books I have read are The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop, Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger by Louis Sachar (funny), the Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins (I only liked the 1st book), more later . 


What are your favorite types of books?


♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. I love to read too! Very good post with some good reading insight and book suggestions., I will have to check a few of them out! As for what my favorite type of book is......I love fantasy (but like you said, not the Cinderella type), and I also like classics and romance! I find them very interesting and intriguing. I like books with a different plot line and rich characters. I like books with mistic, lore, and adventure, with a splash of violence (to create suspense) and romance. That is why I adore The Lord of the Rings. Tolkien created such a rich world with so much detail that it really seems real! You can actually learn the languages and find in depth accounts about what happened to the characters before and after! And the story is so captivating that you never get tired of reliving it. Those are the kinds of books that I like. I can't wait to see you next week! Take care and keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Emma! I'm not a big fan of romance- just a lil (like the Hunger Games..haha). You make the Lord of the Rings sound really good! Maybe I'll read it if I find it in the library. I've read the Hobbit and that was pretty good (the battle was the best). See you soon!

    ReplyDelete