Monday, July 16, 2012

LOTR marathon

Last Saturday, my friends and I watched the Lord of the Rings (well, i watched the 2nd and 3rd cus they already started the 1st on Friday).  I must say it was pretty good.  One of my fave characters was Smeagle (in the 2nd).  I felt so sorry for him!  I was really hoping that he would become normal and kind.  It was so cute when he was singing when he was fishing before Faramir captured him.  It freaked me out when Emma's dad scared/ surprised us from behind when we were watching Smeagle/ Gollum's tranformation;  it was scary and funny lol.  I also liked Treebeard, Sam, Frodo, Mary, Pippin, and Gimli.  Gandalf was cool for a wizard, but I just wished he used his powers more.  I felt sorry for Eowyn when she was trying to get close to Aragorn xD  LOTR definitely has humor. I was glad that the ghosts were on the good people's side.  Never mess with ghosts!

I really disliked the gross looking Orcs and other villains (one we called Potato Head guy/ Mr. Potato Head).  Denethor II was such a mean man!  If he was my dad (thank goodness for my loving dad!) and I was Faramir, I would curl up in a ball in the corner and cry.

My heart ached in the part where Frodo just woke up in a room and everyone was laughing and hugging him and Sam showed up and just smiled.  Sam was such a good friend!  I wish I had a best friend like him (actually I do; it's Jesus Christ!)  The farewell was sad too.  I don't understand where they went off to but it was sad how the 2 best friends had to separate.
The movie (s) isn't something I would pick off the rack but it was funny, adventurous, and "romantic" (lol and ew...).  You should watch or read them!

Check out my friend, Emma's LOTR blog: http://lotrrific.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

  1. I am glad you liked them Abby! The more you read and learn more about Middle Earth, the more you love it. The Lord of the Rings just took a hold of my heart and didn't let go. It is a very special story to me and I am so glad that I was able to share it with you. If you ever want to, I suggest reading the books. They are extremely good and captivating, and they help you understand the story better. But of course only if you want too. :) Thanks for recommending my blog!

    - Emma

    ReplyDelete