Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Around the South in Six Days!

I'M HOOOOMMME!
Last week when we went to Florida, Storm Debby was in the area but God blew her away!  
We stopped at Jacksonville and stayed at a Quality Inn which had an indoor pool that was beautiful (I didn't get to swim there but it was nice).


The next day, we met our friend, Angelica, at the La Quinta behind Busch Gardens.  (Review: -outdoor pool  only -kind of dingy... depending on the room -doors open to the main balcony like a motel -there was another La Quinta in front of the Busch Gardens and it had a better curb appeal; We barely stayed there though so it was alright, and we did have fun so I should be thankful.)

We went to Busch Gardens, Tampa for half of the day.  Storm Debby had just left so there were puddles and most of the rides were closed=(  We had fun riding the Scorpion, Banga-Banga bumper cars, Jungala log jump, and other rides. 

At Sea World, Orlando, we enjoyed all-day dining (costs around $30/ person).  There are only a few rides (I saw 3) there and two of them my dad didn't let me ride.. but there were a lot of shows and other attractions.  The ride me and Ate Angelica rode was Journey to Atlantis.  We went on a busy day so the line was very long but we didn't mind (since that was the only ride left) and we had fun reminiscing all the memories we made in the Philippines years ago.  We sat in the front row of the boat to get more wet but since we're so light we didn't get super soaked.  It was really fun and kind of scary when we went down the highest part (in the picture my head was all the way back like half of me wanted to stay up there, lol)!  I loved watching the Shamu/ killer whales show.  They were so big o.o... and smart!  They splashed us with their tails (we were in the Soak Zone and my eyes got saltwater in them..ow) and did amazing "jumps".  We also went to Turtle Trek where we "became" sea turtles and went on their journey in the 3D adventure.  I had lots of fun=)  BTW, I miss you Ate Angelica!






After visiting Florida, we traveled to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.  It's pretty famous in the U.S.  I expected the beach to be right beside the road like the other beaches I've been to and to have a nice boardwalk right beside it. 
 It was right beside the road, crowded with more buildings than I expected, and there was a boardwalk but I didn't really enjoy it, because there were a lot of tourists (unlike the boardwalk I went to last summer in TX) and there was a loud live concert.  The hotel we stayed at was Boardwalk Beach Resort.  At first, I wrinkled my nose (I usually do..I'm very picky) at the fee (our room was only beach view and it already costed around $150 per night), then at the smelly carpet (from dripping wet people from the beach and pools), and the worn bed covers.  I changed my mind though when I saw the pool- accompanied by jacuzzis and a lazy river!  I loved the jacuzzi... it was so relaxing.. and the lazy river was fun.  Most of the people left the pool at the end of the day so my family practically had it all to ourselves. We were only planning to stay at MB for 1 night but since we arrived there late and hadn't even swam in the Atlantic Ocean yet, we decided to stay another night.  I'm so glad we did!  I swam in the ocean from 11 am- 3pm (well not straight and not really swam, I bobbed over the waves) and after that, relaxed at the lounge chairs and read a good book (H.I.V.E. #4: Dreadnought by Mark Walden).  So 
relaxing...ahh...I feel like I'm still in the ocean (not really good cus sometimes I feel like 
I'm gonna fall...)  They didn't have many sea shells at the beach, unlike where my dad was born (Tingloy, Batangas in the Philippines), but my mom found some pretty good ones.  Overall though, Myrtle Beach was fun and relaxing! I can't wait to go back! 




So now I'm home=) safe and sound.  I'm really thankful that my family got this opportunity to have a vacation.  And I'm very thankful to God that He moved Storm Debby!  It was such a beautiful week.  God gave us the perfect place and week to have our vacation.  When we arrived home, temperatures rose everywhere and God timed it after our vacation.  God is so powerful and mighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment