Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Cleaning

Sorry I haven't posted recently!  I've been so busy cleaning our house for when my relatives come to visit.  I had to (and still have to) clean a lot of things from the glass doors with nearby cob webbed walls, living room, the microwave, the fridge (yucky adhesive/ grease on top which I still can't remove!), bathroom (big success!), my room of course, dusty ceiling fans, and other thing-a-ma-jigs around the house.  (Need tip for cleaning dusty blinds!)

I said that the bathroom was a big success because there was so much mold around the bathtub/ shower in the beginning that some creature could've been living in it (an exaggeration but it was that gross).  After reading a blog post from This Blessed Life and applying the instructions, our bathtub and sinks are finally pearly white!  [Quick summary of our procedure: -My mom bought a big bottle of Clorox Bleach for about $2 -Put the bleach in spray bottle -Squirted the moldy area -Put rolled toilet paper on the area, soaking up the bleach (overnight is best) -Turned on the exhaust fan to let the strong smell go away (bad for you) -and Voila!]

I kind of enjoyed cleaning (maybe I'll sign up for Custodial crew next summer...if I learn how to handle cleaning toilets:p).  My favorite tools were paper towels (used A LOT, finally got a rag), Windex multisurface,  Mr. Clean spray.  My tip for you is to be patient and just bear the hard work.  A clean house is worth the sore muscles:)  And oh yeah, don't forget to wear gloves and/ or masks when in contact with chemicals and dust!

After about a week of cleaning, I finally got to do my nails!  Chic and Nautical, eh? lol☻

Wish me luck as I clean some more tomorrow!
And please pray as my relatives travel.


♥♥♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment