Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2012-'13 First Day of School

2012-'13 First (and second) Day of HIGH School~
First day went pretty well- didn't get lost! (because in every class I have a handy friend close by:))
We got our ID pics taken and mine looks terrible...:( their machine was having some problems so all of our IDs turned out smudgy and so it looks like I just cried and my eye makeup is all smeary!  I looked at my friend's pic from last year and she looks perfect!  It was clear and the ID square wasn't squished up to her face.  Oh well... I probably won't use mine that much anyway.

1st hr- General Art:  It sounds exciting! The teacher said we're having ceramics next sem. and we're going to be able to go outside and draw.  Sadly, there's only four girls in my class... Today, I dragged one of the other art girls to go with me to do an assignment ahead.  I know I'm a total nerd for doing it ahead but I wanna have it done before chaos begins!  I'm just using my noggin.

2nd hr- Physical Science:  Interesting... she said she's going to call on everyone when she asks questions so I better pay attention!!  I can't wait till we do lab experiments- hope I get a good partner.  Oh yeah, I forgot to write in complete sentences in the "Getting to Know You" sheet... hopefully she'll give grace.

3rd hr- English:  The teacher is pretty nice and she is very adventurous!  There's a ton of people in my class  (and the room is so narrow!) so I hope we don't have to do any speeches and such.  (Have you noticed all hopes I've typed so far?)

Chapel/ LUNCH: Ahh, lunch.  Such a perfect time to relax and roam around with friends... or to do homework!  This year we're able to go practically anywhere and do practically anything- FREEDOM!

4th hr- Algebra:  You know the feeling that you get when you finally understand something?  I got that awesome feeling this afternoon.

5th hr- Bible/ P.E.:  Yesterday, Bible class was short so we'll see how it goes full time tomorrow.  Today, in P.E. class the teacher wasn't even there so it was kind of dull.

6th hr- Keyboarding:  Huh, right now it's really slow.  I hope (ha) that I'll be fast enough... I checked myself tonight and it said I can type 30+ words per min. and I took a video of myself typing (weird) and it turns out, I am actually doing the "correct" type of typing (I'm not using just 2 fingers).

Homework:  Not much right now but you know me, I always obsess with checking my answers, so that takes time and I wanna get ahead.  That one math concept today stumped me though- was so happy when I finally understood it and felt so dumb!  Update: I still missed 2 though:(  I miss the "bell bonus work" from last year!  Those helped a lot!  ~If homework had it's own perfume, it would be called Doom or No Relaxation Allowed and would smell like a dirty sock.

That sums up my first 2 days in high school!
 Back to School toenails;)
(sorry about my ugly toes!)

♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment