Sunday, August 19, 2012

God Strengthens

This past week was my first week of high school.  Only one word can describe it (okay there's some synonyms but I chose one).  It was OVERWHELMING!
I dunno, maybe I'm just making a big deal over everything, but there is a lot of homework!
I'm trying to get ahead on everything and it's just stressing me out.  My Science teacher says that the tests will be hard and will contain a lot of "must-understand" info...  ahh... usually I just memorize the stuff and forget them the next day!  So far Algebra has been easy, but the teacher is really fast at teaching and I felt kind of rushed during our first quiz.  I didn't even get to check it thoroughly; hopefully, she'll give us more time next time since I take forever, being a visual learner who has to write down everything.
I'm so glad I chose art and keyboarding this year because they're pretty easy and fun.  Thankfully, I'm not taking piano this year so I don't have to practice 5 hrs. a week.  I'm just going to teach myself on my own time.

Also, this week I got a news from the Philippines.  It was such a shocker.  I was already overwhelmed from homework and now this added news just made it heavier.
Through tears, I finally realized that God has a plan for me.  All the homework I get will prepare me for future careers, and the news I got showed me how much we need to cherish every moment.  God tests our faith.  This news I got also turned my attention back to God.  I need to trust in Him and not myself for help in school and going through trials.

Please pray for me to keep trusting in God.


No comments:

Post a Comment